Sublimate Japanese seasonal ingredients to healthy and gentle Chinese cuisine
A Chinese restaurant "ENGINE", nestling in the corner of Kagurazaka. It is a restaurant with technology and innovation, to produce Chinese cuisine from Japanese ingredients. The name "ENGINE" in Japanese means "Ape Man", which is the process of evolution of mankind, with the meaning of "treasure the relation between people, and evolve even further".
In February 2015, as a restaurant using Japanese ingredients, we chose Kagurazaka as a attractive place to started our independent restaurant. Our Chef, Mr. Kazumasa Matsushita, has trained in several very famous Chinese restaurants. Mr. Kazumasa served as Chef for seven years, from the launch of Akasaka "Uzumaki", after served in " Tentsuusaikan", "A-jun", and "Niban". You could make a reservation with Pocket Concierge, for example 【Pocket Concierge Limited Course】, to enjoy 7~8 dishes course made from carefully selected seasonal ingredients. Here we do not use any chemical seasoning, to create you a healthy and gentle taste. For example, "Pitan Yuba" which combined Preserved Egg with Okayama-shi Miso and Yamanashi's exquisite pumpkin yuba, is a classic dish offering to every customer for the first time. "Sweet and sour pork", which inherited from "Uzumaki", is also an excellent dish. Soft cooked meat with quality eating response, with grain vinegar and black vinegar, giving you the highest-level experience with roasted Ibaraki Prefecture's "Ishigami Pork". We also suggest you to enjoy them together with our recommended wine and Shaoxing wine.
The interior is in casual style, with both counter and a table seats available. A good suggestion for dating, or having dinner with your close friends.
* The availability of an English version of this page does not guarantee that the restaurant can provide services in English. Please be aware that there are restaurants where service in English is not available.
· 5-minute walk from Toei Oedo Line "Ushikome Kagurazaka Station" A3 Exit
· 6-minute walk from Tokyo metro Tozai line "Kagurazaka station" Exit 1
· 6-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Tozai Line / Nanboku Line / Yurakucho Line "Iidabashi Station" B3 Exit
· 7-minute walk from JR "Iidabashi station" East Exit